How do you get found on the web?
• 80% of visitors to a website begin by typing keywords in the query box of a search engine
• 42% click on the website in the #1 position on the search page
• 90% click a website on the first page
• 94.00% of Australian search is via Google
Google Search is heading to a deeper analysis of a site’s perceived value to users, authorship, structured data, and social signals.
Building a strong, credible and Google authenticated social profile will impact your ranking and visibility on the net.
At the core of this is the need to develop a sound content strategy.
Content that will engage or entertain your audience, build your reputation and put you ahead of the competition….content that Google approves of, that doesn’t try to manipulate the Google ecosystem.
Cookie Technology – it’s all changing
Adblockers and major browsers blocking third party cookies are already having an impact in the marketplace. If personalized targeting goes, then what’s left is contextual. Contextual targeting, in the PPC world, is a process that selects ad placements in the Display Network based on keywords, topics and other factors.
It’s all about the user…
- develop high quality content
- become an authority in your space
- engage with your audience via social media